Financial Aid and Scholarships
The Academy of Notre Dame and neighboring schools sponsor an annual Financial Aid Night. We strongly encourage parents of juniors and seniors to attend.
Important Note: You should never pay to apply for scholarships or financial aid.
Scholarship information is noted on the College Counseling Newsletter as well as on Naviance. The links below also offer free scholarship search engines:
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – If you think you need help paying for your college expenses, you should apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA. Applications are available online on October 1. Don’t forget to review individual college deadlines!
- CSS/PROFILE – The CSS/PROFILE is required by many private colleges, universities, graduate and professional schools, and scholarship programs to determine eligibility for non-federal financial aid, such as an institution's own grants, loans, and scholarships. This PROFILE is administered by the College Board.
- Expected Family Contribution – Find an estimate of what your family will be expected to contribute toward your college expenses.
- All American colleges and universities are now required to provide a Financial Aid Calculator (Net Price Calculator) on their college website.
Financial Aid and Scholarships Information
- Guaranteed Scholarships – A listing of scholarships that are all guaranteed.
- Scholarship Scam Alert – Don't get ripped off! There are scam artists out there who prey on students and their families seeking financial aid. Here's a site to help you avoid getting stung!
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators – An award-winning site that provides excellent links in Internet sources of information.
- College Net – Your online source for scholarship information.
- Scholarships.com – A free Internet-based scholarship indexing service that instantly matches students to national, state, and local-level sources of financial aid.
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency – Helps to create access to college for PA students.
- Raise.me - Micro-Scholarships
Financial Aid Calculators
Organizations and Agencies
- United States Department of Education – www.ed.gov
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) – www.pheaa.org
- Pennsylvania Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (PASFAA) – www.pasfaa.org
- College Board – www.collegeboard.org
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) – www.ncaa.org
Services and Forms
- Fin Aid – www.finaid.org
- USDE Publications – www.studentaid.ed.gov/students/publications/FYE/index.html
- College Is Possible – www.collegeispossible.org
- College Savings Plan Network – www.collegesavings.org
- Fast Web – www.fastweb.com
- FAFSA on the Web – www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Mapping Your Future – www.mappingyourfuture.org