Thank you for visiting our website. Your support of the Academy of Notre Dame is important to us! If you would like your donation to the The Notre Dame Fund to count as part of our 2018-2019 fiscal year, you may:
- Mail your donation (must be postmarked by 6/30/19), or
- Click here to make an online gift by midnight on 6/30/19, or
- Make your gift via Venmo @AcademyofNotreDamedeNamur, or
- Drop off your donation to the Advancement Cottage between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm, Monday-Thursday.
Thank you and Happy Summer!
Service for Students with Disabilities
Direct support from the learning specialist is available to those students whom have been identified as having a specific learning difference, ADHD, or other disability that interferes with their academics.
- In order for a student to receive accommodations there must be a current (within 3 years) Psycho-Educational Assessment and/or current medical documentation (within 1 year) on file identifying a specific diagnosis using DSM-IV or DSM-V criteria.
Educational Learning Plans are implemented for students containing:
- Testing and classroom accommodations
- Strategies and suggestions based on strengths and weaknesses
- Specific plan for academic coaching by the learning specialist
- Consultation recommendations
Planning and Preparations for Higher Learning
- Applications for College Board/ACT accommodations are completed by the learning specialist for students with disabilities.
- Information and assistance for post-graduation plans.
Students with an evaluation but no specific diagnosis are provided provisional support for 60 days. Information to pursue further testing can be provided.
Temporary support and accommodations are established for students with particular health and/or emotional concerns or other factors that interfere with and inhibit the academics and daily school expectations with appropriate documentation.
The Evaluation Process is supported by the learning specialist for families and students from initiation through re-evaluation.