Honors Chemistry Classes
The idea behind student research is for the student to pose a question or find a problem to be solved. The student then designs and conducts a laboratory-based experiment that attempts to answer the question or find a solution to the problem.
The process can be intimidating. Do not worry. The instructor will be there for help through the entire process. All needed forms and instructions can be found on the class website.
- With guidance, find a topic that interests you.
- Ask a specific question related to that topic.
- Find out more about your topic by researching the topic.
- Develop a hypothesis, or possible solution, to your problem.
- Develop an experiment that will test that hypothesis.
- Submit a research plan and necessary science fair forms before you begin your experimentation.
- Use class time given to conduct experimentation, as well as extra time, as needed.
- Properly document every step of your project using a journal and a camera.
- Analyze your data and draw conclusions, either supporting or rejecting your hypothesis.
- Present your project at the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science.
- Advance to subsequent levels of competition if you are eligible.
- Consider entering the Delaware County Science Fair.
- Meet all deadlines.