The complete 2017-2018 Curriculum Guide can be viewed here.
Each high school student must earn a minimum of 24 credits in major subjects at Notre Dame in order to graduate, as well as meet all the additional credit or course requirements outlined below. Six major subjects must be taken each year. Eleventh and Twelfth Graders are strongly encouraged to take electives each year.
- 4 credits in Religious Studies
- 4 credits in English
- 3 credits in Mathematics (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry and Trigonometry are required.)
- 3 credits in Science (Physics – Classes of 2020 & 2021, Chemistry and Biology are required.)
- 3 credits in World Languages (3 consecutive years)
- 3 credits in Social Studies (World History and U.S. History are required.)
- 5 credits in Electives
- 0.5 credit in Arts (Classes of 2019, 2020 and 2021)
- 2 years of Physical Education
- 2 semesters of Health
- 4 semesters of Seminar
Ninth grade Arts Requirement: Successful completion of Senior Capstone Project
The required 0.5 credit in the Arts may be earned in grade 10, 11, or 12 for the classes of 2019, 2020, and 2021. The Class of 2021 will be required to take the Ninth Grade Arts Requirement courses (Intro to Performing Arts and Intro to Visual Arts) unless they participate in High School Ensemble or audition and are selected into Dance Company or Women’s Chorale.
In addition to academic requirements, a minimum of 45 hours of social service during high school is required for graduation. These hours should be completed by September of junior year.