2017 Graduation Information
Thursday, June 1
Middle School Mass and Graduation 5:00 pm
Aimee Willard Gym
- All are welcome at the mass and graduation.
- The Mass begins at 5:00 pm and is approximately 1.5 hours.
- Please report dressed in robes to the Josephine Connelly Fine Arts Center no later than 4:15 pm.
- A group photo will be taken at 4:30 pm on the Mansion steps, weather permitting.
- Attire: Graduation gown with appropriate church attire. Students who have received honor cords or medals at the Academic Awards Assembly may wear them.
- Dressy shoes or sandals, any color (No flip flops or beach slides)
- Guests are not permitted in the Connelly Center.
Friday, June 2
Baccalaureate Mass Aimee Willard Gym
- All are welcome at the Mass.
- If there are no more chairs available, the bleachers are available.
- The Mass begins at 4:00 pm and is approximately 1.5 hours.
- Please report to the Connelly Library in the Harron Family Building no later than
- Attire: Graduation gown with appropriate church attire.
- Dressy shoes or sandals, any color (NO flip-flops or beach slides)
- Please carry the gown to school on a hanger (do not wear it).
- Students will wear only the white gown for mass, not the cap.
- Guests are not permitted in the library.
Saturday, June 3
Graduation 10:00 am
- The graduation ceremony starts at 10:00 am and is generally completed by 11:30 am.
- Guests begin arriving about 1 hour in advance to obtain seats. There are no tickets.
- Restroom facilities will only be available in the Josephine Connelly Fine Arts Center. Signs will lead the way.
- In good weather, graduation will be held on the Mansion Lawn. There are no tickets. In the rare event of inclement weather, graduation will be held in the Aimee Willard Gymnasium, and each graduate will be given five tickets.
- Please report to the Cuvilly Gym no later than 8:30 am (If the ceremony is indoors, please report to the library).
- A group photo will be taken at 9:30 am in Cuvilly.
- Attire: light colored or white dress/skirt under the gown
- dressy white (or bone) shoes or dressy sandals (no flip flop styles, no slides)
- please bring your gown (and the cap and tassel) to school on a hanger
- please bring an outfit to wear after the ceremony
- When you arrive, go to one of the faculty stations to have a faculty member “dress” you (putting on the cap and the medal, fastening the tassel, etc.).
- There will be a class picture taken. Anyone not attired in time for the photo, will not be in the photo. Please arrive at the Cuvilly Gym by 8:30 am to assure that you will be dressed and ready for the photo.
- After the ceremony, and after you have finished taking pictures with your families, return the graduation attire (cap and gown) to the boxes in Cuvilly Gym. Make sure you give your name to the faculty member who is accounting for all returned gowns. You will keep the tassel.
- Please stay inside in the Cuvilly Gym.
- Guests are not permitted in the Cuvilly Gym.
On Friday and Saturday please check off your name when you arrive so we know when everyone is present.
In the event of inclement weather, high school graduation will take place in the Aimee Willard Gym with limited seating. A decision will be made by 8:00 am, Saturday, June 3. The decision will be posted on the Notre Dame website. All will be notified by a Connect 5 phone call.
Please be aware of the times. The ceremonies begin promptly. Be aware of traffic.
The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur is pleased to announce that Sister Hellen Bellew, SNDdN, will now be the commencement speaker for the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur's senior class graduation, due to the illness and recovery of Sister Nancy Bonshock.
The commencement ceremony is scheduled for Saturday, June 3, at 10:00 am on the Mansion lawn.
Sister Helen received her MEd in Administration, Supervision, and Curriculum Development from the University of Maryland and an MS in Pastoral Care and Counseling from Neumann University. She has extensive experience as an educator and school administrator and is a trustee emerita of the Academy of Notre Dame. We look forward to hearing her insights and advice for the graduating class of 2017.
Please note the professional photography done by Active Image Media will be available for purchase.
Click here to download the Class of 2017 Video Order Form