2019 Graduation Information
Thursday, May 30
Middle School Mass and Graduation 5:00 pm
Aimee Willard Gym
- All are welcome at the mass and graduation.
- The Mass begins at 5:00 pm and is approximately 1.5 hours.
- Please report dressed in robes to the Josephine Connelly Fine Arts Center no later than 4:15 pm.
- A group photo will be taken at 4:30 pm on the Mansion steps, weather permitting.
- Attire: Graduation gown with appropriate church attire. Students who have received honor cords or medals at the Academic Awards Assembly may wear them.
- Dressy shoes or sandals, any color (No flip flops or beach slides)
- Guests are not permitted in the Connelly Center.
Friday, May 31
Aimee Willard Gym
The Academy plans to live-stream the Baccalaureate Mass and will provide a direct link for viewing closer to the event.
- All are welcome at the Mass.
- If there are no more chairs available, the bleachers are available.
- The Mass begins at 4:00 pm and is approximately 1.5 hours.
- Please report to the Connelly Library in the Harron Family Building no later than
- Attire: Graduation gown with appropriate church attire.
- Dressy shoes or sandals, any color (NO flip-flops or beach slides)
- Please carry the gown to school on a hanger (do not wear it).
- Students will wear only the white gown for mass, not the cap.
- Guests are not permitted in the library.
Saturday, June 1
Graduation 10:00 am
The Academy plans to live-stream the Graduation ceremony and will provide a direct link for viewing closer to the event.
- The graduation ceremony starts at 10:00 am and is generally completed by 11:30 am.
- Guests begin arriving about 1 hour in advance to obtain seats. There are no tickets if Graduation is outside. In good weather, the ceremony will be held on the Mansion Lawn. In the rare event of inclement weather, graduation will be held in the Aimee Willard Gymnasium and indoor tickets are required. The Academy plans to live-stream the ceremony and will provide a direct link for viewing closer to the event.
- Restroom facilities will be available in the Josephine Connelly Fine Arts Center and the Fitzgerald Fieldhouse at Launfal. Signs will lead the way.
- Please report to the Cuvilly Gym no later than 8:30 am (If the ceremony is indoors, please report to the library).
- A group photo will be taken at 9:30 am in Cuvilly.
- Attire: light colored or white dress/skirt under the gown
- dressy white (or bone) shoes or dressy sandals (no flip flop styles, no slides)
- please bring your gown (and the cap and tassel) to school on a hanger
- please bring an outfit to wear after the ceremony
- When you arrive, go to one of the faculty stations to have a faculty member “dress” you (putting on the cap and the medal, fastening the tassel, etc.).
- There will be a class picture taken. Anyone not attired in time for the photo, will not be in the photo. Please arrive at the Cuvilly Gym by 8:30 am to assure that you will be dressed and ready for the photo.
- After the ceremony, and after you have finished taking pictures with your families, return the graduation attire (cap and gown) to the boxes in Cuvilly Gym. Make sure you give your name to the faculty member who is accounting for all returned gowns. You will keep the tassel.
- Please stay inside in the Cuvilly Gym.
- Guests are not permitted in the Cuvilly Gym.
- On Friday and Saturday please check off your name when you arrive so we know when everyone is present.
In the event of inclement weather, high school graduation will take place in the Aimee Willard Gym with limited seating. A decision will be made by 8:00 am, Saturday, June 1. The decision will be posted on the Notre Dame website. All will be notified by a Connect 5 phone call.
Please be aware of the times. The ceremonies begin promptly. Be aware of traffic.
2019 High School Commencement Speaker
D’Arcy F. Rudnay, Executive Vice President and Chief Communications Officer for Comcast Corporation and a 1973 graduate of Notre Dame, has been invited to give the Academy’s Commencement address on June 1, 2019.
Rudnay has more than 35 years of experience leading external and internal communications for public corporations, national family owned businesses, and large public relations agencies in a broad array of industries. At Comcast, she oversees the management of the company’s brand, product communications, reputation, and all global communications activities as the company has evolved through consumer and industry change, competition, and political transitions.
In her announcement to the Class of 2019, President of the Academy Dr. Judith A. Dwyer said, “D’Arcy Rudnay is among our most distinguished alumnae and I am delighted that she has agreed to share her experiences and insights with our Notre Dame community.”
Rudnay has won numerous industry honors for her leadership, and was most recently recognized by the cable industry as Woman of the Year. She was also the recipient of the Vanguard Award for Government and Community Relations from the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA).
"As an alumna, parent, and Trustee, I am honored to be invited to be this year's Commencement speaker at the Academy,” said Rudnay. “The academic foundation and intellectual training provided at Notre Dame prepares graduates for a vast array of college majors and careers. The future is wide open for the Class of 2019!"
Rudnay lives Notre Dame’s Mission and Hallmarks through community service in the Philadelphia area, previously serving on Notre Dame’s Board of Trustees as Vice Chairperson of the Board and now serving as a board member. Rudnay is also a member of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Corporate Council and serves or has served on the Board of Directors and special committees for a number of non-profit organizations, including the Steppingstone Foundation, Corporate Board of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and Delaware Valley Grantmakers.
Rudnay earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Trinity Washington University and a Master of Science degree from the University of Pennsylvania. She resides in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with her husband.