Tuition & Financial Aid
Middle School: Grades 6 to 8 - $19,300
High School: Grades 9 to 12 - $23,950
Fees $500 - Student fees support various programs and activities such as technology, labs, yearbook, retreats, etc. Books and uniforms are additional.
Before you Begin
The Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. We recommend giving yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin. You will need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS.
We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials available to help you with the financial aid process. They can be found at sssbynais.org/parents.
The completed Financial Aid Application requires submission of the following items to SSS:
- Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS)
- Federal Tax Return with all supporting schedules (2016 & 2017)
- W2’s (2016 & 2017)
Financial Aid Application Timeline
|High School Applicants||Middle School Applicants||Current ND Families|
|Family Notification begins||1/12||2/12||3/30|
|Family Reply Date||2/15||3/12||4/13|
Note: The school code for The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur is 1044.
- Beginning October 2017, go to the SSS Family Portal.
- Create your PFS online account with your email address and a password.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2018-19. You can log out of the PFS at any time, then return later to complete it.
- Once you press Submit, you will be brought to a payment screen (the fee to apply is $49).
- After you submit your PFS, you’ll have access to a section called “My Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
How to Submit Additional Required Documents
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Return to the SSS Family Portal and log in.
- Select the Academic Year 2018-19 button.
- From the PFS Online, click on the “My Documents” tab.
- On the “My Documents” page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the "Required Documents" section of the PFS. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate, and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Please note that some tax documents go through a verification process that can take up to 48 hours to complete.
Returning families receiving financial assistance must reapply for aid each year by submitting a new PFS by February 23, 2018.
How to reapply:
- If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the SSS Family Portal as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Complete a PFS for Academic Year 2018-19.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you will have access to a section called “My Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
The financial aid program at the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur is designed to assist qualified students who are unable to pay full tuition and to promote socio-economic diversity among the student body. Students are accepted for admission to the Academy on a "need-blind" basis, meaning that financial aid requests do not impact the decisions made by the Admissions Committee.
Applicants for financial aid are referred to the Financial Aid Committee only after the student has been admitted. Financial aid is awarded based on a family's financial need; assistance is offered in the form of a grant which does not require repayment. As funds are limited, the Academy is not able to meet 100% of demonstrated need for admitted students.
Once the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) has been submitted, SSS prepares a need analysis report, which suggests the amount a family can contribute for educational costs. Since not all families' financial circumstances are equal, the Committee uses the SSS evaluation as means of standardizing applicants. Applicants must submit copies of their federal tax returns with all schedules and W-2s.
Families who are awarded financial grants must reapply for aid each year by submitting a new PFS form. The student must also be in good social and academic standing to remain eligible to receive need-based funding (as determined by the Dean of Students and Academic Dean).
Notre Dame offers multiple options for tuition payment through Higher Education Services, Inc. (HES).
Tuition payment options include:
- Annual Plan (payable in July)
- Semester Plan (payable in July and November)
- Quarterly Plan (payable in four installments: June, September, December, March)
- Monthly Plan (payable in ten installments: June through March)
Questions? Contact Mary Beth McNichol, Associate Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-687-0650 ext. 194.
Notre Dame is a proud partner with the Maguire Foundation High School Scholars' Program, which recognizes students with financial need who both excel academically and have demonstrated a strong commitment to community service and extracurricular activities.
Each year, our Admissions Committee selects from a talented pool of applicants and awards Maguire Scholarships to four incoming ninth graders.
All applicants for ninth grade are considered for these need-based grants.
For more information about the Maguire Foundation or Maguire Scholarship, visit: https://maguirefoundation.org/
1. Who is eligible to apply for financial aid?
Applicants for any grade may apply for financial aid. For the 2016-17 academic year, The Academy of Notre Dame awarded $1.3 million in financial aid to 153 students.
2. Will applying for financial aid affect my child’s chances for admission?
Admissions applications are read on a "need-blind" basis (without regard to a family’s financial need). Therefore, applying for financial assistance does not affect an applicant's chances for admission.
3. I am completing my Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) through SSS. What is the school code for Notre Dame?
The school code for The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur is 1044.
4. Must I reapply for aid next year?
Families are required to reapply for financial aid each year by submitting the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS), current year’s tax returns, and W-2s.
5. What is the policy for divorced, separated, or never married parents?
Both natural parents should complete the PFS and submit their own completed tax forms to SSS.
6. What if one or both parents are self-employed or own a business?
Families who own businesses should complete the PFS and include all necessary documents in addition to the tax returns.
7. What happens if we are late to submit the financial aid application?
If you are unable to meet your appropriate financial aid application deadline, please contact Lori Wooten, Director of Finance,at email@example.com or 610-971-1509 (ext 1) as soon as possible. Our Financial Aid Committee primarily evaluates aid requests from January through March. Following our stated deadlines, applicants are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, and decisions are based upon availability of space and funds.
8. How are financial aid decisions made?
The Financial Aid Committee utilizes the information provided by SSS as a guideline in determining financial aid awards. In determining eligibility, we use the information from the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) as a starting point, then consider our available budget and school policies.
9. If my child gets admitted but we do not receive aid, can we reapply next year?
Typically, all need-based aid is awarded at the time of admission. It is unlikely that a student enrolling without aid would be awarded funds in any subsequent year—unless there are significant changes to the family's financial circumstances.
10. Does Notre Dame offer scholarships in addition to need-based financial aid?
The Academy of Notre Dame offers a variety of scholarship opportunities to qualified applicants. Learn more here.