STEM Scholar of Excellence
Who is a STEM Scholar of Excellence?
A STEM Scholar utilizes the skills of problem solving, critical thinking and innovation across all disciplines and is equipped to solve complex, real world problems. The STEM Scholar of Excellence Program provides opportunities for students to demonstrate scholarship in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Students who complete the program receive a designation on their official transcript and will receive recognition at graduation. Successful scholar students will graduate exceptionally prepared for continued study at the collegiate level in the STEM discipline.
Overview of Program Requirements
Following the curricular and extracurricular guidelines of the program are mandatory for completion and will be monitored through meetings with program coordinator.
While program curricular requirements are focused and rigorous, meeting them is not meant to eliminate the student’s ability to take courses outside of STEM courses. Therefore, approximately three credits will be available for electives outside of STEM Scholar required courses.
Coursework: In addition to all Notre Dame graduation requirements:
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.9 or higher
- Completion of at least 12 STEM oriented credits.
- Qualifying Courses (will be identified as such in Curriculum Guide):
- Minimum requirements for Math: 5 credits
- Minimum requirements for Science: 4 credits
- Minimum requirements in Technology courses 1.5 credits
- Additional 1.5 credits in any STEM Scholar approved course
Attendance at STEM Speaker Series
- Attendance at one STEM academic lecture or community event each academic year and completion of a written reflection for each lecture.
- Career Exploration in a STEM field.
- Senior Project meets STEM Criteria and approved by STEM Scholar of Excellence committee.
For a detailed review of Program Requirements, please click here.
The STEM Scholar of Excellence Program Coordinator is Mrs. Kim Eife, Academic Dean.
Contact: email@example.com, 610.687.0650 ext. 123.