Welcome to Notre Dame health services. In partnership with parents, healthcare providers, and teachers, the school nurse strives to provide all students with the knowledge needed to develop healthy lifestyles. It is the goal of the nurse that every child enter the classroom in optimal health and ready to learn.
The school’s health policies and guidelines are developed in accordance with the school health laws and regulations of Pennsylvania. The primary purpose of school health services is to advance the overall health and well-being of the students to support learning and academic success.
These symptoms indicate your child should not attend school:
- Fever in the last 24 hours (100 degrees or above)
- Vomiting in the last 24 hours
- Diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Unidentified rash
- Draining eye/eyes
- Persistent coughing
Please consider these guidelines for the protection of your child, her classmates, and the staff.
Health Office Policies
- Students found to have lice will be excluded from school until proof of treatment. Students that have lice will work privately with the nurse and parent/guardian to be educated, treated, and prevent spread of lice.
- Students using crutches or any assistive device for ambulation or mobility, must see the nurse on the first day they use the device and an original physician order for the device must be submitted.
- All documentation submitted from medical professionals must be original documents. If a copy or fax is submitted, then the original must be submitted within a week.
- An original physician note is required to be excused from PE or dance. The physician note must specify “dance” and/or “PE”.
- Dismissal from the school due to illness must be done by the nurse. Students must be dismissed by the school nurse, then signed out by a parent/guardian at the Harron Lobby reception desk.
- Absence Policy: 3 or more consecutive days of school missed due to illness requires a physician note upon return to school.
State Mandated 6th and 11th grade physical exams
State mandated physical exams for 6th and 11th grade do not need to be on a specific form. A copy of the actual physical exam from your physician is all that is needed. The Sports Physical for Notre Dame meets the requirements of the state mandate for 6th and 11th grade physicals. If your physician requires you to bring a form, posted below is a link to a generic form from the Dept of Health:
Click on link below then click on School/Private Physical Form
Mrs. Marianne Gonzaga, RN CSN