The students at the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur are poised, internally motivated young women who leave Notre Dame as highly qualified, college-bound graduates committed to the rigorous pursuit of lifelong learning and leadership in a global society. As an all-girls’ school, students graduate empowered by the belief that they have a responsibility to use their unique gifts to better the world in which they live. Our comprehensive school counseling program helps prepare all students to be productive, successful, and responsible citizens.
Counselors at the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur believe the following:
- All students are a reflection of the good God and deserve to be respected, loved, supported, and encouraged.
- All students deserve the right to speak about their concerns to a counselor in a safe and confidential setting.
- All students deserve the benefit of the most up-to-date information regarding healthy life choices.
- All students should be encouraged to reach their highest academic achievement level. To that end, they are entitled to current and accurate information regarding their post-graduate education and career path choices.
Counselors also believe that the Academy of Notre Dame comprehensive school counseling program should act in the following ways:
- Be organized to address the ASCA Student Competencies within a comprehensive program.
- Be designed by the counseling department based on specific feedback from students, faculty, parents, and community representatives regarding the most critical needs of the school community.
- Coordinate and collaborate effectively with community resources in order to provide comprehensive services to the student population.
- Encourage the professional staff to periodically evaluate the effectiveness of the program through self-reflection in combination with specific data collection.
- Welcome student, parent, and faculty feedback regarding program offerings.
All counselors at the Academy of Notre Dame should uphold these standards:
- Work cooperatively to ensure the success and continuity of the programs offered.
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by ASCA.
- Strive to preserve and maintain a positive school climate for colleagues, students, parents, and the community through the school counseling program.