Strategic Planning (2015-2020)
Dear Members of the Notre Dame Community,
Now that our academic year is well underway, I shall start the strategic planning process for 2015-2020. This process will include several important features:
- Our Catholic Mission and Hallmarks of a Notre Dame de Namur Learning Community shall provide the context for the strategic planning process.
- Our process shall be community-based, that is, all members of the Notre Dame community shall have the opportunity to participate.
- Our process shall be data-informed. We shall utilize best practices, as identified by the National Coalition of Girls' Schools, the National Association of Independent Schools, and other highly respected national organizations. We shall also use the recommendations of the PAIS Accreditation Report (November 2013) and insights gleaned from the focus groups convened during the Presidential Search (October 2013).
- Our strategic planning process shall be comprehensive. We shall focus on the following areas: academic, advancement, enrollment management, facilities (master campus planning), finances, international opportunities, marketing, and technology.
- The Board of Trustees, which has endorsed this process, will approve the 2015-2020 strategic plan at its March 3, 2015 meeting.
A strategic planning process presents us with the opportunity to articulate who we are and where we are going. It also provides us with the "roadmap" to achieve our goals. In this process, we shall honor the great tradition of the Academy, celebrate our vibrant present, and envision a bold future of promise, always trusting in the goodness of God.
I shall be communicating more details concerning this process in the days ahead. Let our strategic planning for 2015-2020 begin.
Judith A. Dwyer, Ph.D.