The complete 2020-2021 Curriculum Guide can be viewed here.
Each Upper School student must earn a minimum of 24 credits in major subjects at Notre Dame in order to graduate, as well as meet all the additional credit or course requirements outlined below. 11th and 12th grade students are strongly encouraged to take electives each year.
- 4 Credits - Electives
- 4 Credits - English
- 4 Credits - Religious Studies
- 4 Semesters - Seminar
- 3 Credits - Math (Required: Algebra I-II, Geometry and Trigonometry)
- 3 Credits - Science (Required: Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
- 3 Credits - Social Studies (Required: World History and US History)
- 3 Credits - World Languages (Required: 4 Consecutive Years)
- 2 Years - Physical Education
- 2 Semesters - Health
- 2 Semesters - Seminar
- 0.5 Credits - Arts
- Introduction of Visual and Performing Arts
- Successful Completion of Senior Capstone Project
The required 0.5 credit in the Arts may be earned in grade 10, 11 or 12. All ninth grade students are required to take Introduction to Visual and Performing Arts unless they participate in Upper School Ensemble or audition and are selected into Dance Company or Women’s Chorale.
In addition to academic requirements, a minimum of 45 hours of community service during Upper School is required for graduation. These hours should be completed by September of junior year.