Inspiring young women to Inquire, Explore, Imagine, and Innovate since 1856.
Since 1856, the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur has educated, empowered, and inspired young women for a lifetime of compassionate leadership and service guided by our Catholic faith and an abiding trust in the goodness of God. Our graduates are contributing to and leading the way in the fields of medicine, art, law, science, education, and business throughout the world, setting the standard for social responsibility by their lives and actions. They are our inspiration.
- Fast facts: Notre Dame employs specialized teachers who are experts in their fields, 76% of whom hold advanced degrees. We have a tight knit 9:1 student to teacher ratio. We offer 24 Advanced Placement and 28 Honors courses, as well as independent research electives in STEM and Social Studies.
- All students in the Middle and Upper Schools receive a MacBook Air to help prepare them to be responsible, informed global citizens of the 21st century. By using the same devices and consistent software, teachers and students can focus on enhanced critical thinking, streamlined collaboration, and communication in all disciplines.
- Our 39-acre campus is college-tier, with multiple buildings that are designed and utilized by subject area. The campus includes the historic Mansion and beautiful landscaping, making Notre Dame truly feel like a home away from home.
- The Middle and Upper Schools both produce professional-grade musicals each year. Students learn the ins and outs of production, including roles in acting, lighting, costuming, and additional stage crew.
- Numerous student-led clubs meet during the school day. Additional affinity groups and other co-curricular activities meet on a regular basis, and many prepare students for academic competitions (Mock Trial, Dance Company, Model UN, etc.), create publications and products (Literary Magazine, Yearbook, Newspaper), and encourage collaboration and friendship across the grade and divisions.
- Students have 18 JV and Varsity sports to choose from, including basketball, crew, field hockey, soccer, and softball, as well as specialized athletic offerings like sailing and paddle tennis. Through our competitive athletic program, students learn sports and life skills, team building, and sportsmanship.