Associate Head of School Search
A comprehensive, nationwide search is being conducted for a highly qualified candidate for an Associate Head of School. This process is being led by Carney, Sandoe and Associates, a firm that specializes in independent school searches. Please find the position profile here.
Faculty & Staff Opportunities:
Thank you for your interest in the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur. There are currently no open Faculty or Staff opportunities.
The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur, is seeking the following coaching positions:
- High School Lacrosse - Assistant Varsity Coach / JVB Coach
- High School Track & Field - Assistant Coach
- Middle School Lacrosse - Varsity Head Coach / JV Head Coach / Assistant Coach
Our coaches are actively engaged in the Notre Dame community, and embrace the mission and values of St. Julie Billiart and the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. Our coaches are responsible for coaching, character development and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in their sport. This job requires you to interact thoughtfully and respectfully with student athletes, fellow coaches, staff, parents and community and well as follow the mission of the school. Positive communication strategies, organizational skills, and safety awareness are key requirements.
- Follow and uphold the policies and mission statement of The Academy of Notre Dame.
- Assist in Planning, organizing, and directing their respected program.
- Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
- Ensure that team rules and regulations regarding conduct and eligibility of the athletes are clearly communicated and followed.
- Plan, organize, advertise, and conduct tryouts for the program; inform Athletic Department and participants of final selections. Maintain the integrity of the selection process.
- Consult with the Athletic Director regarding any off-season training programs including scheduling dates for summer camps/practices, uniform fitting, pre-post tryout informational parent meetings.
- Attend informational parent meetings at the beginning of each season for all levels.
- Create a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Work directly with school athletic trainer in reporting injuries, teaching precautions and procedures to ensure staff/student safety and help students prevent injuries.
- Model good sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards opposing team, fans, parents, officials, spectators and community.
Applicants for these position must have previous high school and/or Middle school coaching experience. The applicants must possess a positive coaching philosophy, and excellent communication and organizational skills. Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: Ben Davey, Athletic Director, email@example.com.