Faculty & Staff Opportunities:
High School Counselor
The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur, an independent Catholic school for girls located in Villanova, Pennsylvania, is seeking a full-time High School Counselor beginning with the 2019-2020 school year. Faculty and staff are actively engaged in the Notre Dame community, and embrace the mission and values of St. Julie Billiart and the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, creative counselor who demonstrates an enthusiasm for working with middle school and high school aged girls, a commitment to innovative pedagogy, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a comfort and familiarity with the use of relevant technology to enhance learning.
- Experience counseling sixth through twelfth grades
- Master's degree and relevant certification required
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and references to Dr. Jacqueline Coccia, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur, is seeking the following coaching positions:
Middle School Volleyball - Head Varsity Coach
High School Basketball - JV Head Coach and Assistant Varsity
High Track/Field Coach – Winter & Spring Season – Ideally specializes in field events.
Middle School Basketball - Head Varsity Coach and JV Coach
Our coaches are actively engaged in the Notre Dame community, and embrace the mission and values of St. Julie Billiart and the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. Our coaches are responsible for coaching, character development and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in their sport. This job requires you to interact thoughtfully and respectfully with student athletes, fellow coaches, staff, parents and community and well as follow the mission of the school. Positive communication strategies, organizational skills, and safety awareness are key requirements.
- Follow and uphold the policies and mission statement of The Academy of Notre Dame.
- Assist in Planning, organizing, and directing their respected program.
- Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
- Ensure that team rules and regulations regarding conduct and eligibility of the athletes are clearly communicated and followed.
- Plan, organize, advertise, and conduct tryouts for the program; inform Athletic Department and participants of final selections. Maintain the integrity of the selection process.
- Consult with the Athletic Director regarding any off-season training programs including scheduling dates for summer camps/practices, uniform fitting, pre-post tryout informational parent meetings.
- Attend informational parent meetings at the beginning of each season for all levels.
- Create a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Work directly with school athletic trainer in reporting injuries, teaching precautions and procedures to ensure staff/student safety and help students prevent injuries.
- Model good sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards opposing team, fans, parents, officials, spectators and community.
Applicants for these position must have previous high school and/or Middle school coaching experience. The applicants must possess a positive coaching philosophy, and excellent communication and organizational skills. Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: Ben Davey, Athletic Director, email@example.com.