Athletic Hall of Fame
2013 Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
The Academy of Notre Dame's Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of student-athletes, coaches, and associated persons whose participation in Notre Dame athletics has brought distinction and honor to the program. The Athletic Hall of Fame Committee takes special pride in presenting these awards on behalf of the entire Notre Dame community.
Join us as we recognize and celebrate these alumnae:
|2013 Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees|| |
|Maria DiDonato Ippolito '01||Basketball|
|Kristen Sander Makatche '95||Lacrosse|
|Stephany Wolfington Ziegler '86||Lacrosse|
The 2013 Athletic Hall of Fame Selection Committee is comprised of Dr. Joseph D’Angelo, Former Principal; Peg Desendorf, Director of Athletics; Mary Waring, Director of Advancement; and a rotating committee that includes alumnae, Board of Trustees, parents and coaches. The additional members of the committee are: Glenn Blumenthal, Jennifer Messner Holdren ’99, Brooke Driscoll Keith '92, Deborah Pearce McCabe '81, Mary Beth McNichol, Kim VanKirk Patel '00 and Mike Sheridan. For more information, please contact Peg Desendorf.
2011 Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees
Kim Van Kirk Patel '00
Carol Ryan Livingood '89
Erin Cleary Cook '92
Keynote Speaker: Pioneering Women's Basketball Player and Coach Theresa Grentz, who was a part of the Immaculata Basketball team depicted in the upcoming movie The Mighty Macs. Click here to read a full bio!
2010 Inaugural Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees
Aimee Willard '92
Page Driscoll Syron '94
Jennifer Messner Holdren '99
Faith Bascome and Jo Trexler, ND Coaches
Keynote Speaker: Leslie Gudel of Comcast Sportsnet
Click here to see photos from the 2010 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.
The mission of the Academy of Notre Dame Athletic Hall of Fame is:
- to honor former Academy of Notre Dame students-athletes, coaches, and associated persons who have brought distinction to our school through athletics.
- to instill and continue the tradition of excellence rooted in Catholic faith that has been characteristic of Academy of Notre Dame athletes;
- to link past and current generations of athletes; and
- to encourage current student-athletes to embrace the many opportunities available through team work, determination, and dedication.
Criteria for Selection
• Eligibility for alumnae induction begins 10 years after a nominee graduates
• Alumnae athlete nominees' athletic accomplishments must represent the highest caliber of achievement
• Posthumous nominees will be given equal consideration with living candidates.
• Coaches, teams and other members of our school community and athletes with extraordinary cases may be nominated.
Nominations for the next Athletic Hall of Fame Induction are due by April 30, 2013. Notre Dame alumnae, coaches and special supporters are all eligible for nomination. All alumnae, teachers, coaches, parents and friends of the Academy may submit an application. Click here to download the nomination form.
For more information, contact:Peg Desendorf Director of Athletics
Academy of Notre Dame de Namur