A full time Learning Support Specialist is employed by The Academy of Notre Dame to facilitate the effective, independent learning of students in alignment with the school mission,
In order to:
- Enable students to develop the skills and desire necessary for life-long learning and to empower students to be leaders
With the belief that:
- Each individual serves the community with unique gifts
- Diversity enriches our community and challenges us
- Confident and competent young women emerge from a community that values individual worth and academic rigor
The Learning Services Program
- is in place to complement the academic support provided by the faculty with the intention of creating an academic environment that is challenging, enriching and optimal for learning and success to all students.
- establishes supports and strategies within the framework of the curriculum without fundamentally altering the program. This is done in order to achieve assurance that the overall needs of the student are met and the learner is supported in all areas of her scholastic life.
- strives to facilitate procedures that encourage students to become motivated and independent learners whom take responsibility for their own education and become strong self advocates.
- Program composed of: