Helpful Websites for Teachers
General Lesson Plans
Science and Mathematics
- Discover Magazine
- Scientific American
- ActionBioscience.org - Examines bioscience issues
- Nature Publishing Group
- MadSciNetwork - Answers to questions
- Rader's CHEM4KIDS.COM - Chemistry basics and related activities
- American Institute of Biological Sciences - Current research
- ScienceWorld - Resource for Math and Science
- National Center for Biotechnology Information - Links to the National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health
- Online Periodic Table of Elements - From the Jefferson Lab, Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
- Scirus - A science-specific search engine for grades 6-12. You can search by keyword, refine your search, save and/or e-mail your search results. The focus is on Web sites containing only scientific content.
- The Periodic Table of Videos - A collection of videos for each element in the table
- Science Fair Projects - From the Librarian List-Serv
- Futurity.org - News from Leading Research Universities
- 100 Coolest Science Experiments on You Tube - from X-Ray Technician Schools
- Science in the Nineteenth-Century Periodical - searchable by people, authors, illustrators, books, periodicals, institutions, Societies, etc.
- CIA: The World Factbook - Reference maps, country profiles, flags
- National Geographic
- Philadelphia Historical Digital Image Library - Over 3000 images: photographs, art works, and portraits
- Voices of Civil Rights - Personal accounts of the Civil Rights experience
- The Library of Congress - History, culture, legislation information, and online galleries
- Google Search Government and Military Sites
- AmericanPresident.org - Miller Center of Public Affairs , University of Virginia - bios, time charts and organizational graphs
- U.S. Department of State - Factual publications about land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations
- Digital History - High-quality historical resources
- Constitution Day Resources - From Gwynedd-Mercy's library
- United Nations Cyberschoolbus - High quality teaching materials and activities designed for educational use about international affairs
- International Crisis Group - Independent, non-partisan, source of analysis and advice to governments, and intergovernmental bodies like the United Nations, European Union and World Bank, on the prevention and resolution of deadly conflict.
- US Census - Quick facts about US states
- FactCheckED - Lesson plans with tech, social studies, information literacy, and critical thinking correlations
- Constitution Finder - Offers constitutions, charters, amendments, and other related documents of countries around the world.
- Country Reports - Statistical data and cultural information
- Legal Resources from Justia.com - Federal court cases, US and State Codes, legal news
- Talking History: Oral history website published by SUNY Albany for the purpose of sharing history lessons and audio artifacts. Pushlishes two audio segments weekly.
- History Toolkit: excellent Oral history "How to" and other resources, especially Primary Resources