School Uniform Dress Code
Because the uniform is a means of establishing a sense of community, parents are asked to support their daughters in complying with the uniform code. The following are the details of the uniform with which students MUST comply.
- Kilts are to be no shorter than five (5) inches above the knee.
- Inappropriate make-up, body piercing and/or tattoos are not permitted.
- The wearing of scarves, hats, leggings, sweatshirts (including hooded sweatshirts) and/or sweatpants is not permitted.
- During cold weather (November 1 - March 31) students may wear light or heavyweight navy tights, but not sweatpants, even when going between buildings.
- Shorts may be worn under the kilt, but they are not to be visible below the length of the skirt.
- Golf shirts must be the traditional white or navy style (short or long sleeves) and must have either no logo or the Academy of Notre Dame logo. In cold weather, white or navy blue long sleeved turtle necks are permitted under a long or short-sleeved golf shirt. Tee-shirts may also be worn under the golf shirt, but must be either white or navy blue. No other color turtle neck or tee-shirt is permitted.
- In cold weather, students may wear an approved sweatshirt or navy blue fleece. Students are permitted to wear coats when moving from building to building, but they must be removed inside the buildings.
- Students may wear traditional school shoes (no Uggs, no shoes without a back to the heel, no flip-flops, no work boots, no moccasins, etc.) or they must wear predominantly white or gray sneakers with white laces (no canvas shoes, hightops, or other similarly styled sneakers in any color other than white or gray are permitted).
- Plaid kilt
- Navy blue Notre Dame fleece or school approved uniform sweatshirt
- White or navy golf shirt (short or long sleeves)
- White or navy turtleneck (under fleece only)
- Visible white crew socks
- Navy tights (November 1 - March 31)
- Traditional school shoe or sneakers that are predominantly white or gray
Notre Dame School Uniform Purchasing Guidelines
- The kilt can be purchased from Flynn & O’Hara (www.flynnohara.com or call 1.800.441.4122)
- The navy fleece and/or school approved uniform sweatshirt can be purchased in Notre Dame’s School Store.
- Golf shirts must be the traditional white or navy style (short or long sleeves) and have either no logo or the official ND logo on shirts purchased through Lands' End or the school store.
- To purchase from the Lands’ End website, go to http://www.landsend.com/. Under “school uniforms” click on “Find your school’s dress code.” The NDA Preferred School Number 900054131 should appear. Click on “Shop using this number.”
- You may also call Lands' End directly at 1.800.469.2222.
- Items for the gym uniform are sold for your convenience in Notre Dame’s School Store but may be purchased elsewhere if you choose.
School Gym Uniform
- Navy shorts
- White golf shirt
- Navy sweatpants (winter)
- Navy sweatshirt (winter)
Uniform Resale Program
What do you do with all of your daughter’s outgrown uniforms? Well, now we have the answer! The Parents’ Association will be collecting all of your outgrown but gently-used golf shirts (with or without the ND logo), fleece jackets and kilts and offering them for resale through The Shamrock Shop.
A collection bin will be located in the Harron Lobby near Mrs. Bowen’s desk.
All proceeds from the Uniform Resale Program will benefit the Parents’ Association and the school.
For more information on, please contact Terri Nappi.