The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school, commits itself to the education of young women of grades 6 through 12 for responsible living in a global society. The Academy, rooted in the faith tradition of the Catholic Church, and the charism of Saint Julie Billiart, provides its students a challenging academic curriculum within a rich spiritual community in order to
- inspire them to live the prophetic nature of the gospel, with a passion for justice and love for the poor,
- enable them to develop the skills and desire necessary for life-long learning,
- empower them to be honorable, compassionate leaders.
We believe that
- each individual is a reflection of the good God, and deserves to be respected, loved, supported and encouraged.
- single sex education empowers women for leadership in contemporary society.
- the unique gifts of each individual, nurtured and celebrated, serve the community and the world.
- individuals have an inherent responsibility to embrace the ideals of service and stewardship.
- individuals thrive in a community of responsible freedom where they are encouraged to act with integrity and honor.
- the charism of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, in the tradition of their foundress, St. Julie, provides an enduring culture of simplicity, courage and hope.
- faculty and staff, both in and out of the classroom, are important role models of the school's mission for our students.
- competent and confident young women emerge from a community that values individual worth and academic rigor.
- diversity in our faculty, staff and students enriches our community and challenges us to embrace the ideals of justice.