The complete 2020-2021 Curriculum Guide can be viewed here.
Each upper school student must earn a minimum of 24 credits in major subjects at Notre Dame in order to graduate, as well as meet all the additional credit or course requirements outlined below. Six major subjects must be taken each year. Eleventh and twelfth grade students are strongly encouraged to take electives each year.
- 4 credits in Religious Studies
- 4 credits in English
- 3 credits in Mathematics (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry and Trigonometry are required.)
- 3 credits in Science (Physics – Classes of 2020 & 2021, Chemistry and Biology are required.)
- 3 credits in World Languages (3 consecutive years)
- 3 credits in Social Studies (World History and U.S. History are required.)
- 4 credits in Electives
- 0.5 credit in Arts
- 2 years of Physical Education
- 2 semesters of Health
- 4 semesters of Seminar
- Intro to Visual and Performing Arts
- Successful completion of Senior Capstone Project
The required 0.5 credit in the Arts may be earned in grade 10, 11, or 12. All ninth grade students are required to take Intro to Visual and Performing Arts unless they participate in Upper School Ensemble or audition and are selected into Dance Company or Women’s Chorale.
In addition to academic requirements, a minimum of 45 hours of social service during upper school is required for graduation. These hours should be completed by September of junior year.